Lumecca is one of the skin rejuvenation options you can choose if you want better skin. The Intense Pulsed Light technique uses photo thermolysis to remove vascular pigments and skin lesions. The light treatment produces results after one session, an element separating it from other IPL machines. You remain comfortable throughout the procedure and will not require too many sessions.
Our Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment is utilized to treat pigmentation and vascular lesions which help brighten and clarify your skin’s complexion. The light radiating from this treatment targets harmful bacteria, while reducing apparent redness and inflammation.
Lumecca IPL Treatment at Urban Beauty Bar!
That’s right we offer Lumecca IPL skin rejuvenation near you. IPL stands for “intense pulsed light.” It’s a light therapy that helps treat wrinkles, spots, and unwanted hair on the face, neck, and body.
Pigment cells in your skin absorb the intense pulsed light, which is converted into heat. The heat destroys the unwanted pigment in the case of sunspots and freckles. In the case of unwanted hair, IPL destroys hair follicles to prevent the hair from growing again.
IPL can be used anywhere on your body, but it may not work as well on uneven areas. For example, IPL isn’t recommended for people prone to getting thick, raised keloid scars or those who have darker skin tones. It’s also not as effective on light-colored hair as it is on darker hair.
Our professionals will use a handheld device to deliver bright light to the skin around the targeted area. The duration of the treatment depends on the size of the body section you want to change. The doctors can apply a topical numbing gel and eyewear to protect your skin and eyes from intense light flashes and keep you comfortable through the treatment.
The powerful lights only target deep tissue, causing constriction of the blood vessels and epidermis and pulling the pigmented spots to the surface. The resurfaced pigments darken over the next few days, but it should not be a cause for concern as they will fall off eventually to give you a more even texture.
Penetration of the light into the deeper tissues also promotes collagen production – perfect for smaller pores and firmer skin. The process works for several skin issues. For instance, you can use it for a vein that will first blanch and change colour before flaking off to give the desired results. Lumecca IPL also applies for sun damage and other vascular treatments.
Lumecca IPL works on various body parts, but most people seek treatment for the neck, face, hands, arms, legs, or body parts that remain exposed to the sun.
The treatment works for various conditions, such as photodamage, facial pigmentation, and superficial vessels. You can use it if you want to eliminate skin irregularities or improve the texture. We can also assist if your goal is bettering your complexion and removing fine lines or wrinkles, sunburn marks, freckles, or rosacea. You can always contact Urban Beauty if you are unsure about the procedure. We will advise you accordingly based on the condition of your skin and the objective.
Efficient – The main Lumecca IPL benefit is its efficiency. You do not have to clear your schedule for several days for the treatment, but you will experience the desired results soon after the procedure.
Convenience – It is convenient for every person with anti-aging or better skin goals. It can be done in less than an hour. The procedure is more comfortable because of the cooling tip.
Effectiveness – Lumecca IPL is a powerful treatment that does not require you to go for multiple sessions before getting the desired results.
Lumecca IPL does not have any side effects. Increased sensitivity to the sun is regular in the first few hours, but that resolves quickly afterward. Your skin type determines the side effects. For instance, you may have a higher risk of hyperpigmentation or burns, but we can evaluate your skin type and whether the procedure suits you.
Although hyperpigmentation and blistering are the main safety issues, an experienced professional can help you navigate them safely with the appropriate energy settings. A patch test may be mandatory for darker skin tones. You may have to come for several sessions as we determine the skin response.
Lumecca IPL does not require an extended recovery duration because the procedure does not damage the skin. However, every person has a different reaction according to their skin type. Most people experience reddening of the area the first few hours after treatment. Others may feel extreme sensitivity. You should be back to normal within 48 hours.
Proper care is recommended for faster recovery. Be gentle when washing your face, and avoid a facial brush for at least one week. Picking at the dark spots is not advisable – wait for the pigments to flake. All of that will not hinder you from continuing with your regular routines. You can go to work but do not stay under sunlight for too long and avoid tanning.
Is the Treatment Painful?
The experience differs for every person. Some patients feel discomfort, while others do not feel anything. You can ask for a cooling gel or numbing cream.
Note: The device has a cooling tip that keeps the light from becoming too hot. You may feel a tingling effect or a snap like a rubber band hitting your skin, but the sensation should not be intolerable. The skin may also feel warm and turn red after the procedure, but that clears away soon after – it is no reason to panic.
How Long Does the Treatment Last?
Your skincare routine determines the longevity of the treatment. Applying sunscreen daily before stepping out and gently washing the area are good practices to maintain.
How is Urban Beauty Different?
Customized approach – We provide cutting-edge solutions to enable you to eliminate all insecurities you may have about your skin or overall appearance. Our treatments are effective and non-invasive, meaning you do not change your lifestyle during recovery. You can be sure of a safe skin improvement procedure when you choose us for Lumecca IPL.
Caring and friendly staff – We use our training and know-how to your benefit. We listen to your desires and give you the treatments you deserve without compromising your safety. We can guide you from the pre-care to the after-care to ensure the treatment does not cause side effects.
LUMECCA IPL PRE-CARE:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun tanning, sunless tans and tanning beds for 3-4 weeks prior.
- Avoid dermal fillers or any form of injectables for a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated for 5-7 days prior.
- Do not shave the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there’s dense hair present in the treatment area, shave the day before you arrive for your appointment.
- Avoid any active ingredients (Retinols, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C, etc.) for 10 days prior
LUMECCA IPL TREATMENT DAY:
- Arrive to your appointment with clean skin.
- Refrain from applying heavy creams, lotions, or makeup on the day of your appointment.
- Be sure to notify your provider if there have been any changes to your health or your medications since your last visit. Some medications may cause you to be more sensitive to the treatment and may result in burns or an allergic reaction.
- Notify your provider of any cold sores, rashes, or open wounds ANYWHERE on your body (not just in the treatment area).
- Notify the provider if you have any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
LUMECCA IPL POST-CARE:
- Refrain from touching the treatment area for at least 12 hours.
- Patients may experience swelling, bruising, itchiness, redness, or sensitized skin for up to 3-5 days post treatment.
- Regular skin care routine including the use of active ingredients can be resumed one week post treatment
- For 14-21 days post treatment, refrain from direct sun exposure or sunless tanning.
- Refrain from any strenuous activity as well as gyms, saunas, or pools for at least 24-48 hours post treatment.
- You may use an SPF post-treatment.
- Makeup can be applied after four hours if the skin does not have any cuts or lesions.
Shop With Us
Extend your beauty routine at home! To get the best results from our treatments and to extend such results for as long as possible, you need a solid beauty and skincare routine to follow at home. Our consultants can help you choose the best products for your needs from among the top-quality skincare lines available at Urban Beauty Bar. We’d be happy to help you choose your new favorite from our wide selection of products.